Wednesday 6 April 2011

Water, water everywhere...

Despite the gorgeous spring sunshine its been a wet day one way or another. Two small groups went pond dipping-no frogspawn sadly but we did find plenty of larvae and nymphs to make up for it. Some of the children were really keen; leaning over the water trying to spot their targets...

And others showed no fear whilst emptying their nets...


Others were more timid; expressing anxiety at what may lie beneath...


Or their nervousness at the creatures they caught, but they've all asked to go again, keen to face their fears.

Then we arrive home and my two have decided summer is here and commence an impromptu water fight using whatever containers were to hand...


I wasn't too happy this morning but I've had my own nature therapy today: sunshine, water and children; my three personal mood enhancers!

No comments: